Although C&H defines it as Stockholm syndrome, beer is till date my favourite beverage (The monk is catching up though). There are many who prefer beer for a variety of reasons. Here are a few of mine-
- Won’t get you drunk– It is very difficult to drink enough to get yourself high on beer. Until a few years ago Beer was not even considered as an alcoholic drink in Russia.
- Quantity- It is always good to hear that you drank bottles of something.
- Types and Price- Take UB when the pocket is light or Corona when the wallet seems too heavy! You’d find thousands of different kinds of beer in the world.
- Taste- Once you develop one, there is no beverage that goes down better.
- Can be had during day time- in fact it tastes better during a hot day. No one drinks whiskey on a beach day!
- Looks badass- ever since we saw Steve Austin having his beer while entering the ring, we were intrigued by it. It somehow feels cool and manly to hold a pint/can of beer.
- Food tastes better- my dream getaway is on a hammock with beer and Tandoori chicken on a beach somewhere.
- Games- playing shot games with Vodka shall surely end the party soon. There is a reason it’s called beer pong and not rum pong.
- Weight- If you drink beer, you can always blame that ponch on it no matter how much your laziness is involved.
- Smell- I personally love the smell, breath included.