My trips to Goa from college have all been amazing. While the first time I went with a bunch of crazy people ready for an adventure, I learnt many things for the next visit. Keep these in mind when going for a Goa trip, especially from college!!!
- Try going with an all guy gang. Easier, cheaper, safer, more fun and unrestricted.
- It’s cheaper to go in a big group.
- Buy tickets for going (general). For coming back at night, it’s not very necessary (not advocating ticketless travel, but it’s too crowded and the TC almost never comes).
- Do not take a cab at Madgaon/Margaon, go for a bus to the main bus station, and then another for Panaji followed by another to Calangute (the last one leaves at 9)
- Look for rooms and don’t take the first one you see, everything in Goa is negotiable. (200 per person per day is a good deal offseason)
- Look around a bit and you would get cheap bikes (400 a day for a bike on normal days and 700 in peak). Leave early in the morning if you’re going in peak season or holidays.
- If you plan to sleep on the beach, take blankets and a sweatshirt at least as it gets pretty cold.
- Buy alcohol from wine shops, 25 a pint MRP(might have increased), 30 is decent 35 at night! If you are paying above that, leave me with your number, I can use a rich friend. For other STUFF, take your own!
- Roam around a lot! Goa cities are more beautiful than its beaches. Visit Arambol Beach (claimed nude beach, but shall disappoint a little in that regard) though, go towards the market on right (facing sea) and walk for a while. You shall be treated with beautiful views (all kinds of). There is a lake for swimming as well!!!
- North is the happening side while south is milder and more secluded.
- If you can extend your budget a bit, go to the Tito’s area near Baga (2000 stag, 1000 couple)! There are other clubs around it with a min price 500 stag. You can also go to club Cabana (awesome house themed party place with unlimited booze I hear) for 1500/couple. No stag entries are allowed. However one guy extra with a couple can go at a higher price.
- Tattoos (temp.) are not more than 50 bucks! So don’t settle for anything more. Everything you shop for would actually be around 1/3rd the first quote.
- Leave for bus stations early, try not to miss the last one as cabs are expensive— Panaji to Mudgaon= Rs800, Panaji to Calangute= Rs500.
- Final expected budget for a two night weekend trip for drinkers= Rs 2500 tops
- It is a drunken state so be cautious.